Wednesday 31 December 2008

42

As it is now one hour past midnight and there won't be any gaming today, it is apparent that I missed my goal for 2008 by ten sessions. I think that gaming once a week can only be accomplished if your group consists of people with lots of free evenings or weekends, or if you have at least two ongoing groups that do not overlap much personnel-wise.

I am not embarking on a similar project, or any so-called project, next year. If I get to run some games that have been rolling about in my head and to play in other GMs' entertaining campaigns, that'll be good enough. By that yardstick this year was certainly a success, too, despite the numerical failure.

A wish list of things I'd like to do this coming year, just off the top of my head:
  • Some more Angel 1957 adventures
  • A good western
  • Trying out some of the more interesting indie games, such as A Dirty World, Duty & Honour, The Barbarians of Lemuria or Agon
  • Getting actual writing and playing done on my blaxploitation Cinematic Unisystem campaign
  • Maybe, just maybe, trying my hand at RPG system design again... I haven't really done it since 2002
See? That's not a project plan, it's a letter to Santa. Have a great New Year!

No comments: