Wednesday 14 May 2008

A big pile of Chaosium

Our April Fools Sale package finally arrived from Chaosium. Actually it had already arrived in the country in late April, but I don't have the energy to recount the story here. I got it in the end, so everything's cool.

My share of the spoils consisted of:
  • H.P. Lovecraft's Arkham
  • Mansions of Madness
  • Secrets of Los Angeles
  • Secrets of New York
  • The Yellow Sign and Other Stories (fiction by Robert W. Chambers)
  • Trail of Cthulhu (the new Cthulhu RPG from Pelgrane Press)
  • a set of Pallid Dice to go with the fiction

It's going to take me a good long while to digest all that.

In other news: GTA IV is still awesome at 35 % completion. It is not a roleplaying game as such, but feels more like an RPG than many supposed CRPGs even without the character development system that San Andreas had. I tend to feel Niko's anger when he is unjustly treated (which happens often), and the action scenes get the adrenaline pumping.

"Nobody fucks with my family!"

No comments: