Saturday 5 April 2008

Ups and downs

Buffy continued this week. We laid the smack down on a few cultists, a byakhee and a smallish flying polyp - I'd like to see that happening in Call of Cthulhu! My character's social life got more complicated again, thanks to an unfortunately timed hug from a fellow student (a computer geek like him, and a cheerleader) which Will's girlfriend witnessed.

Delta Green's future is uncertain. It is really difficult to find a time that suits everyone, and I don't want to run a game where some player is missing almost every time. It might be summer before we can even finish up the current scenario.

On a tangent: the Most Impressive Game In A Good Long While award goes out to Company of Heroes, the PC wargame which came out in 2006 but which I tried only now. It looks surprisingly good on my dated machine, and the gameplay is captivating enough to have pushed me to buy another gigabyte of RAM and a new graphics card. This upgrade should take me past the Recommended hardware into the realm of Damn Pretty. I thought I wouldn't be updating this old warhorse anymore; shows what I know.

Game Count: 22/52

No comments: