Wednesday 1 October 2008

Apparently, it pays to complain

A friend of mine suddenly got an idea of running an AD&D 2nd edition one-shot this Friday. I've now finished creating my character, and I must say that it was quite entertaining in and itself - good retro fun. Amrond Elensar, a cleric of the very vaguely defined Elvish faith, is not going to set the world on fire with his amazing abilities, but that's part of the old school experience, I think.

For the upcoming gaming weekend, I've dusted off my old idea of combining Angel and blaxploitation films with late 1960s Detroit as the setting. Cool music, hot cars, and dark nights. The main problem is that my so-called plot can be written up with a couple of words and I've got nothing worked out beyond that. Some published adventure may turn out to be the only possible solution with the time I have left.

No comments: